Ferrous sulphate is an inorganic substance, mostly in the form of heptahydrate at room temperature, molecular formula FeSO4-7H₂O, light green appearance commonly known as green alum. As a kind of water purification material, ferrous sulphate is of great use in treating the alkalinity in sewage, and the treatment effect is obvious.
How to use ferrous sulphate:
1. Ferrous Sulfate can be used as a water treatment agent, which can remove the impurities in the water and at the same time can inhibit the growth of bacteria.
2. Ferrous sulphate can be used as a disinfectant, which can kill the bacteria and virus in the water.
3. Ferrous sulphate can be used as a reducing agent, which can be used to reduce complex organic molecules and make them easier to decompose.
4. Ferrous sulphate can be used as a catalyst to speed up complex reactions, saving time and energy.
5. Ferrous sulphate can be used as a mineral solvent to extract minerals, such as metal ions, and other important organic substances.
6. Ferrous sulphate can be used as a dye to give textiles and other items a dark colour, thus giving them a beautiful appearance.
7. Ferrous sulphate can be used as an antimicrobial agent, which can be used to inhibit the growth of mould, bacteria and fungi.
8. Ferrous sulphate can be used as an additive to cement to improve the properties of cement and enhance its water resistance and abrasion resistance.
9. Ferrous sulphate can be used as sewage treatment agent, which can effectively remove organic substances and heavy metal ions in sewage.
10. Ferrous sulphate can be used as plant care agent, which can effectively prevent plant victims.
Precautions when using ferrous sulphate:
1. When using ferrous sulphate, be careful, especially when handling it. When using ferrous sulphate, wear acid-proof protective gear, such as acid-proof clothing, safety helmet, gas mask, gas mask, etc., to prevent skin, eye and respiratory tract injuries.
2. Ferrous sulphate is corrosive, ferrous sulphate solution reacts with metal and makes its surface corrode, so when using ferrous sulphate, isolate metal, glass or ceramics to avoid corrosion.
3. Ferrous sulphate solution has strong moisture, so when using it, attention should be paid to ventilation to prevent smelling irritating odour, causing respiratory irritation, as well as sensory damage.
4. Ferrous sulphate solution should not be mixed with other substances to avoid chemical reaction and generation of harmful gases, such as chlorine and ammonia, which are harmful to human health.
5. Ferrous sulphate solution should be stored in a dry, cool and ventilated place, away from fire source to avoid fire.
6. Ferrous sulphate solution should be stored in special containers to prevent overflow and prevent other substances from mixing with ferrous sulphate solution to avoid unforeseen reaction.
7. Ferrous sulphate solution should not be in direct contact with water to avoid gas explosion or generation of toxic gas.
8. Ferrous sulphate solution should be placed in a closed container to prevent splashing, burning skin, or causing fire.
9. When using ferrous sulphate solution for experiments or production, follow the safety operation procedures and observe the requirements of safe operation.
10. For the waste of ferrous sulfate solution, it should be disposed of in accordance with the stipulated requirements for environmental protection so as not to pollute the environment.